Posts Tagged ‘ceremonies’
• Doesn’t read the entire ceremony at rehearsal; but focuses on the elements that involve movement, actions and people
• Makes sure the ceremony site is ready for your wedding (sand, candles or ritual ready to go)
• Can be heard by your guests and knows how to use a microphone and what to do if it doesn’t
• Dresses appropriately
• Arrives early to ensure everything is ready to go and works with your other vendors to create your vision
• Is flexible and personable
• Has fun!
• Helps you to de-stress and relax
• Has a great speaking voice
• Enjoys working with others
• Can provide you with lots and lots of options
• Takes control of the rehearsal and ceremony so you don’t have to
Weddings by Sandy will be at this event to help you understand what an officiant does and how we can help you create the wedding ceremony of your dreams!
Premier Bride Presents
Bridal Show at Smyth Jewelers
Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 • 6pm-9pm
One lucky bride will win a Dream Cruise Giveaway!
One lucky bride will win a $1,000.00 vendor shopping spree for her dream wedding
Delicious Food • Beautiful Gowns
Photographers • Fresh Flowers
Cake Tasting • Meet DJs
Meet Top Wedding Planners Char Libertini and Kay Frasier as they share their professional
tips for your Dream wedding.
Register on line $7.00 at the Door $12.00
410.666.1294 – Premiere Bride
410.925.1086 – Your Day Your Way
410.783.8211- Prestigious Occasions
Here is a short list of questions I typically ask during a meeting with a couple. I think these are just some of the things your officiant might need to know to understand what you are looking for so they can create a meaningful, personalized and special wedding ceremony. It is best to be open, honest and allow your officiant to get to know you so that the process will be easier.
1. Tell me how you met.
2. Are you Religious, Spiritual or non-religious? What is your religious background? Is religion important to you?
3. Regarding religion; Is there anything you defiantly do or don’t want to include in the ceremony?
4. Describe your perfect officiant.
5. Speaking; are you comfortable speaking in public or do you want to keep it to a minimum?
6. Writing; do you want to write vows to one another? If you wish to write your vows but not read them to each other, you can repeat after the officiant.
7. Are you interested in any of the rituals that can go on during a wedding such as sand, rose’s exchange, wine sharing, candle lighting?
8. Are you planning to use a runner? Please note: these don’t work well on uneven surfaces such as grass or outside. Save your money and use rose petals instead…besides rose petals are prettier.
9. Are you including music? Such as a vocalist or music that will play while I am speaking. Please note: music and speaking don’t go well together, unless I use a microphone.
10. Is anyone doing a reading?
11. Describe your guests and your family. How many are planning to attend?
12. Have you worked out the processional? Will it include formal seating of parents and/or grandparents?
13. Describe your relationship – What do you think the key for you to live a long and happy life together will be?
Please join me at the Double Tree by Hilton, Crystal City on Sunday August 26, 2012 from 12 noon to 4 PM.
This is another in a series of shows, promoted by T-Rose International Bridal Shows, that I will be participating in.
Join us for a “Wedding of a Lifetime” a very special promotion for brides getting married in 2013.
You can get a complementary ticket by using the code word – yourwedding. Make sure you tell them Weddings by Sandy referred you!
Go to http://trosedcmetro2012.eventbrite.com/ to register.
To learn more about the upcoming shows, click here: http://www.trosebridalshows.com/
Hope to see you on Sunday and at our future shows!
Here is another entry into the Professionals of the Frederick Area Bridal Network (FABNet) series. Today I am featuring On The Town Limousines, Inc.
How many times have you wanted to ride in style to a special event or thought wouldn’t it be nice to see the holiday lights without having to drive in all of that traffic? Well think no more, choose…. On The Town Limousines, Inc.
On The Town Limousines, Inc. has been in business over 20 years and Len Joseph owner, gives each one of his customers his exceptional personal touch. Mr. Joseph told me that he accidently got into this business and discovered that he loves working with all kinds of people. When he started this business he felt he needed to do something that was very customer oriented and providing luxury transportation filled that need.
I personally have seen On The Town Limousines in action at a wedding with their shuttle service and when a bride and her entourage exits from a stretch limousine. I also saw them at a fabulous charity event when FABNet members supported and sponsored an event to help an older couple with downs syndrome. This wonderful and special couples’ family supported a decision to hold a commitment ceremony to help them celebrate their relationship, the FABNet members that were involved were very moved, it was a touching event and all felt great about being a part of it.
So whether you need a party bus, like the one shown here that holds up to 32 partiers.
Or a gorgeous 8-10 Passenger Lincoln Stretch Limousine
Contact On The Town Limousines, you will appreciate the personalized service, the luxury and convenience. Check out their website for more information on all of the great vehicles they have to choose from.
Contact: On The Town Limousines